Monday, June 13, 2011

Keep the Change

The thing that no one tells you about change is that despite what you thought, you can never predict the outcome of it. Take quitting smoking for example. I quit, and for the 1.2 months I spent angry, annoyed, a little...on edge...now, I don't even miss it. I keep being told that I will. I keep being told there will be a moment when all I want to do is smoke. I have also been told that I'll feel so much better. I'll feel healthier. I've yet to have a serious craving in 4 months, and I have never been sicker in my life. What I will tell you about quitting smoking is this.

I don't think it was ever about me quitting smoking. I think it was about figuring out, what I wanted. I didn't have some big plan to quit. I didn't strategically place toothpicks in my car, or gum in my purse. I bought nicotine lozenges that I never used. I just...quit, and much to everyone's surprise...that was the easiest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment