Monday, June 6, 2011

Out With the Old

Have you ever held onto something because you're used to it? It's a rhetorical question because we all have. Case in point...smoking. I was used to it, but you know what....I got over it. Smoking is old news now. You know what else is old news? Tact...but I digress...

My new not-so-new motto,... "OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW" And I am talking about everything. Hell, I've already done it with most of my life this year... I moved, I broke up, I got a new job...so you're probably wondering...oh God...what next? So here are a few others I'm adding to the list:

Out/OLD:

• rules
• assholes
• forsaking health for convenience and politeness
• giving people the benefit of the doubt
• being nice

In/NEW

• relaxing
• putting in the same as what I get out
• improving my defenses
• not believing everything I hear

I also resolve to clean out my contacts, delete bullshit emails that take up half my damn inbox, and throw out things I don't use, need or want anymore. I give myself permission to stop being nice and to start looking out for number 1. (Maybe then I can reduce medical costs)

PS: The next available doctors appointment I could get is a month from yesterday which means that at the rate I'm going, I will go through approximately 216 cough drops, and 1.75 bottles of Robitussin DM. No I'm not joking.

No comments:

Post a Comment