Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breathing Equals Cleaning Equals Do NOT Buy Bed Linens at 4 am

So it's been a rather busy month for me so far, and you can probably tell since I haven't written anything in a bazillion years but it is 5:39 am, and I happen to have some time so.... Here's what's happening in my neck of the woods (as my non-favorite weatherman likes to say)...

I woke up at 3 am and thought I was having a panic attack because I couldn't breathe. I actually don't know if it was or wasn't a panic attack, but it was scary and I didn't want to wake anyone so I went on WebMD which is the worst thing to do if you're already panicking... I mean, be prepared to face death as a possible outcome of the 3 symptoms you choose on that site...

At any rate, I figured it must be allergies, so I went on a mad cleaning frenzy where I swept, dusted and mopped my entire apartment... then I took an allergy pill and haven't been able to go back to sleep...

I am wondering if I had a minor asthma attack and well, while it wouldn't be the first time (it would be the second), to me it is still unbelievably ironic. Quit smoking, Gain Asthma! There's a tag line....

Anyway, I'm not going to lie, I was a little freaked out and stressed and usually cleaning when I can't sleep helps me go back to sleep but this time it made me more restless...so I changed all of my sheets, remade my bed, and then proceeded to search for a new allergen free comforter and queen sized italian percale duvet cover. No, I did not "Checkout." (The "You need to have a housewarming so someone else can buy this shit for you because you can't afford it" concept had crossed my mind and I minimized said window).

It is almost 6. I'm going to try to go back to sleep at least for an hour... will keep you posted (and yes I will get back to you in less than a month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment