Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor

Elizabeth Taylor once said, "It's not the having, it's the getting." I buy that (and yes, I buy a lot of things but I will add that to the list).

Well I feel like the King's fool over here, typing away,...when come to find out... you know who ..... no you know what... I'm not going to do what I just said I wouldn't do.....sit here and apologize for blogging because it makes me feel better even if an amazing, iconic, hollywood goddess passed away and the world is heartbroken over it. Yes. I'm very sad about it too, and I know I have more than a handful of friends who are probably ready to kill themselves, and me for my perceived insensitivity, but if there is anything she (being Elizabeth) or I (being me) or anyone else who is "ruled by their passions" knows,  is that you can't take it with you. It's like she said about her diamonds, "I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can't possess radiance, you can only admire it." And so it's not like you can't still admire her. Truth is, there are a million teenage girls who know nothing about her. Hell, Madonna is like a relic to them, but now they will... legacy right? Grace? The Today Show? What people give us, and when it's their best, or from their heart or it's honest, then you can admire it,...even if you aren't standing there next to them. Even if they aren't yours.

So actually, truth is... it's made me think. If she could get through 8 marriages to 7 husbands, have four kids, fight AIDS, and her numerous health problems, and still be Elizabeth Taylor...well then I can get through this and somehow it will be all right because I'll have me.

No comments:

Post a Comment