Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Breakfast, Coffee, Energy, Speed

It's remarkable how the day to day has changed for me in a relatively short amount of time. I wake up, I brush my teeth, I put my hair up in a bun, I make my bed, I hop in shower, I blow dry hair, I put on my makeup, I pick out my clothes to wear for the day, I pour myself a cranberry juice and turn on the Today show and then mute it when Al Roker comes on. I check for my phone, my keys, my money and my wallet. I turn off the TV. I walk to Starbucks and eventually end up at work. It's all...become a morning routine, and it's about the only routine thing that occurs for me throughout the day.

The rest of the day is unpredictable, and exciting, and new. It's a balancing act and I'm still trying to figure it out. For the first time in awhile, I'm really being challenged at the one thing I know I'm good at and I neither feel threatened or hurt because suddenly I'm not at the top of my class. I feel good knowing that someone else knows I can do better, or think differently, or do more. I feel good knowing I'm not the only one loving my job. I am inspired. Part of this is the getting the new job. Part of this is the quitting smoking. Part of this is just me finding myself.

Please note: I forced myself to have breakfast this morning so I'm hoping it helps my brain functionality and acts as a preventative measure from crashing around 2 pm which has been happening this week. I also think that having breakfast this morning has done two things. It's increased my energy level for the immediate future, and it has caused me to sort of get back on track in terms of balancing the various responsibilities I have. If I'm not making sense, please also note that I have also finished my iced coffee, and have an intense amount of energy right now. So I'm going to go and channel that into some brilliant ad concepts now. Have a great Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment