Monday, April 4, 2011

2 Months and a Wakeup

It's officially been two whole months since I quit smoking. Actually, my anniversary was on April Fools day but... the point is,...it's been two months and it feels longer to me (and I mean that in a good way). I was thinking about it the other day because it wasn't me that had reminded me of my quit anniversary but a friend, and I thought,..."Wow, I haven't even thought about smoking in awhile! Amazing! I've really done it!" Mind you, part of this is because I've been so busy with all of the other things going on. You know that saying... "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans?" well... I have never felt that more than now.

I'm at work. It's 7:30 am but I've actually been here for an hour, moving the stuff that's been sitting in my car from my last job, up to my office at my new job. Three boxes to be exact of design books, type annuals, and picture frames... My car is thanking me right now because I just took about 300 pounds off of it.

You would think arriving before 7 am would make the elevators less crowded, only they weren't, and can I just tell you,.... I know what it's like not to be a morning person but I couldn't believe how rude everyone was! I literally rode the elevator up with 4 people (not including myself) with a box full of hardcover books and holding two sets of keys, trying not to pass out and balancing the box on a ledge the width of a dime. So I ask "Can someone please hit 4 for me?" And no one did! Can you believe it!? They all just...ignored me. In fact, after the one man on the elevator got off on 2, the woman in front of me, stepped aside so I could press 4, and kind of chuckled at me. That woman looked like she walked out of a Talbot's catalogue circa 1982 so I guess I'd be kind of a bitch too if I looked like her, and I'm sorry that was mean but seriously what is wrong with people!?! I don't understand.

In other news, this weekend I wasn't able to move everything I needed to move into my new apartment, but I was, (with the help of my best friend), able to move and get some of the more difficult things into my apartment. I even got a TV and a Blu Ray DVD player which... is kind of a big deal because I don't know the first thing about technology. If my best friend hadn't been there, I would have had a TV and not figured out how to plug the damn thing in.... something about DMI something cables or rather...??? Anyway, at the end of this weekend, I do feel like I got a lot accomplished... I have been feeling stretched a little thin, but I'm hanging in there and looking forward to a new week.

Thanks for reading this, and remember... as soon as I get situated (work, apartment, work, apartment...) I will be better with the consistency of my posts. I've had a lot of inquiries as to when I'm going to start up again with this blog, and it's not that I've completely forgotten about it, it's just I haven't had time. So again, please don't give up on me... I'm still here and I'm still committed. (No not like crazy in an asylum kind of way... committed to being smoke free....)

No comments:

Post a Comment