Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Friday (Although probably not as happy as Thursday)

Yesterday was such a great day that I just don't see how today can top it. For one thing, it was absolutely gorgeous outside. So nice you didn't even need a coat. I also got to leave work a little before 5, and that never happens so I put in my ear buds, and took a nice long, 12 blocks in 4 inch platform boots stroll... to a little place where my old co-workers were having a happy hour. 

On the way to the bar, I saw the beginnings of a real Spring everywhere around me. I unintentionally walked past the White House... and sure enough, it looked like Japanese Disney World. Asian tourists flooded the streets with their cameras and their babies, and their peace sign poses... incredible. Even though I'm Asian I don't think I have it in me to actually look as happy as they do... even if I am. Maybe it's because I never had a Hello Kitty backpack. I don't know. Whatever. The point is,... spring is here, and so are the tourists. 

By the time I made it to the bar, I was sweating. I actually wasn't even recognized immediately but that's probably because I was reading (yes Dad... I do read. And no it wasn't Vogue or Cosmo it was an article written for the Harvard Business Review thankyouverymuch...) when the first of my old colleagues arrived. It was nice to see everyone again but at the same time, strange. Strange because so much has changed. More than half the people there I didn't even recognize (because they were new smart ass...not cause I was hammered), but it was fun, and good to see everyone. 

Anyway, tomorrow I get cable, which is kind of a relief because I owed so much in taxes, it took a lot out of my fun funds :) So HBO... it is. Anyway, hope you all have a fab weekend. I'm still going to the Hirshhorn (free museums....one of the perks of being in DC)


No comments:

Post a Comment