Thursday, April 14, 2011

Disappointment, Cable and the Art of Seeing the Light

It's been a busy couple of days. Okay you're right...it's been a busy month. I know I've completely dropped the ball on this blog thing but I think I'm going to be able to get back to it for real starting this weekend. For one thing, I have the cable guy coming which means I will finally be able to connect to the outside world via something other than my iPhone (not that I don't love my iPhone but it has it's limitations, and my hands are starting to hurt). 

In other news, I've been so busy at work that I've hardly had time for much else, so I've decided that this weekend, I'm going to take myself out on a solo date. Maybe go to a museum or watch a movie... hell maybe even both....something that doesn't involve anyone else. I know,...you're thinking well...isn't that what you'll be doing while waiting for the cable guy? True, but I want to do something that I'll actually enjoy. Yes. I think this plan sounds good. I have been so wrapped up in whats been going on in my professional life, that I'm starting to feel my personal life needs a little TLC. Plus, I have hobbies...interests, that extend beyond blogging, and working, and well...smoking... although you can now officially cross that off the list. (Haven't had once since January 30th, 2011).

Like Saturday morning might be the perfect time to go for a run. I mean... I haven't done that in a while and I think it would be good for me. Plus it will give me a chance to explore my new neighborhood and find the Trader Joe's everyone keeps telling me about. Then there is a Calder exhibit at the Portrait Gallery which looks like it could be good, but I think I might even try the Hirshhorn. They're having an exhibit called "ColorForms" which looks amazing... light installations are always fun. Regardless, I'm making a commitment to make my own fun because the second you start to rely on something or someone to get your kicks for you, that's how disappointment sets in, and in this life... I'm kinda kicking ash right now so why F that up when there is nothing to be disappointed about?

:) Have a great Thursday everyone. L.

No comments:

Post a Comment