Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Home Stretch

I am over this day. I have, on several occasions, wanted to go outside in the freezing rainy cold, and light up. You know why? Because when I do, there is this clarity that washes over me. It's like, "Okay...when I finish the last drag of this cigarette, then I'll be good to go. I can concentrate and it gives me an excuse to get up out of my chair. I suppose instead of going to smoke I've replaced my "Get Ups" with trips to the bathroom, but it's hardly the same thing. Smoking is a choice. Having to piss...isn't. Not to mention, you can think about things,... have a moment to yourself. I guess I could go outside and chew some gum but that would suck. Or I could have a moment in the women's room, but then it's like I might as well bring the Times and a 6-pack and call myself Queen of the Hill...

No comments:

Post a Comment