Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lunchtime Blues

Will of the Gods I say. Will of the Gods that helps me right now. I know...I know... I've been watching too much Rome but this is a good thing because now that I've quit smoking, I realize how much actual time I have in a day for other things. Like....laundry or cooking or whatever. Things I never did because I didn't have the energy or the motivation and it's not that I blame smoking as much as I blame my sheer laziness. But why not blame smoking for something...


I read this article saying you should reward yourself a lot when you first start quitting, only to me that causes more stress than excitement. With what do I reward myself with? For those that know me, this has never been a problem before. I am a shopper through and through. Over smoking, and over spending.... it is lunch and I am aware of the fact that if I add "over eating" to that list, well then I'll be a triple threat! Done. That one microwaveable Indian lunch just wasn't cutting it. Plus I have to amp up my caloric intake for my workout this evening. Particularly since this is week 2 of The Beach. I know...I sound like one of those crazy people that's just going through a quitting phase. Next thing you know I'll be a fruitarian. (For those of you that don't know me, let me tell you... that will never happen. Meat is perhaps my favorite food...)


But in the meantime it's true. I've done a serious overhaul of my entire lifestyle. It was needed. It's like who do I think I am? Keith Richards? No. I am not. I wish. The dude's like 200 years old and just rocks hard. He's so hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment